This historic photo of the Judge Moore house was taken in the early 1900s. It is presently the Cato's house on North Main Street. There are various similarities, both the houses are still white and still had most of the same features. As for the differences, the present house doesn't have the chimney, along with the poles on top of the house. I believe some of these features have changed because most of it is upgraded and looks newer. I perceive that back in the 1900s, Roanoke was a very popular place. Today it is lesser known, a small town community. I feel like in the future, this house will be a home for new people. For the most part, I think this house will remain the same, at the very most, there'll be small renovations to it.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Judge Moore House- Katlyn Wilson
This historic photo of the Judge Moore house was taken in the early 1900s. It is presently the Cato's house on North Main Street. There are various similarities, both the houses are still white and still had most of the same features. As for the differences, the present house doesn't have the chimney, along with the poles on top of the house. I believe some of these features have changed because most of it is upgraded and looks newer. I perceive that back in the 1900s, Roanoke was a very popular place. Today it is lesser known, a small town community. I feel like in the future, this house will be a home for new people. For the most part, I think this house will remain the same, at the very most, there'll be small renovations to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Day
On the final day, everything came to a close. We visited each sight and listened attentively to their stories and findings. We began in the ...
-
My photo is of a side of a building taken then and now. Some of the things still are there, some are different. For example the stairs hav...
-
Sometimes we forget to admire the things that were created in the past that we use today. We learned about how things went from bad to good...
No comments:
Post a Comment